I keep diaries for each of the boys that I write in periodically. Sometimes I record milestones, or achievements, or just my thoughts on what it’s like to be their mother. (Don’t worry, I try and edit myself and keep it positive.) But my favorite thing to document are the funny conversations we have. Here are two recent ones that I thought were too good not to share.
Harrison-Griffin, when I grow up I’m going to be a super hero.
Griffin-You can be an actor that plays batman, but there’s no such thing as a superhero. They’re just pretend. Like Wordgirl. She’s a cartoon. She’s not real.
H-God is a super hero who uses magic.
Mommy-Harrison, God is a super hero?
H-Yes. He makes us undead with his magic.
Griffin’s view on Baptism
Griffin-Baptism makes you remember Jesus. When you get baptized usually you are a baby when you do this. When you are baptized you are in a church and somebody that works there scoops their hand in the water, pours it on the baby’s head then wipes the baby’s forehead with his sleeve, and they always put oil on your forehead in the shape of a cross.
Mommy-What does this cross mean?
G-The cross means you have a little part of Jesus inside of you, in your heart. That’s what you get baptized. That’s all there is.
M-So what does this little piece of Jesus inside you do?
G-I don’t know. Nobody knows.
M-Do you carry it with you?
G-Yes. It goes everywhere with me. Everybody has a piece of Jesus in them.
M-Really? Why is that?
G-Cause he’s soooo big. He’s even in this house.
1 comment:
These conversations are best with Uncle Rob
Post a Comment