So haircuts in our house are not a priority. Both Griffin and Harrison have been difficult at best when it came time for this chore. I've been asked by so called professionals if I can make them sit still, and I've even just been asked to leave. Proud moments for me as a mother, truly. So, when Harrison actually requested a haircut recently I was shocked. Following on his coat tails, Griffin too decided he would get a haircut. So, last Saturday he and Daddy headed out to see his barber the famed Mr. Pete, from our earlier haircut posting.
Here is a before shot. Griffin hasn't had a real haircut (except for brief hog tie clippings that Garth and I have attempted-believe me they weren't pretty) in well over a year. I'm not sure what was going on with his hair today, but I know it involved hair spray. 
And here's my sweet baby afterwards. Can I just say, every minute they were gone I was terrified he would buzz it all off. I exhibited restraint and kept my mouth shut. It's his hair after all. I think he looks quite handsome with his new do, even though it makes him look older.
Why is it that such seemingly mundane activities are so heartbreaking for the mommy?
No comments:
Post a Comment