I just didn't expect it quite so soon. What am I talking about? Snow people, snow!
I've been lulled into forgetting that I live in Michigan now where lots of snow is just part of winter. Last week we had record high temperatures! Highs in the low 70's. It's easy to forget what fate awaits me. Friday it all came to an abrupt stop. Saturday morning, while eating breakfast, the snow started.

The kids were very excited but thoroughly disappointed that nothing actually stuck to the ground. Then we had a long discussion on the differences between snow, rain and sleet.
Griffin-snow is frozen water that is called snowflakes. Snowflakes come in all different shapes and sizes. I know a lot about snow, and I know there's going to be a lot of snow because that's how God made the world and that's how God made Michigan. He made Michigan snow a lot. So we'll have snow often.
Harrison-Rain comes on the ground into puddles.
I spent the afternoon searching the house for all the scarves, gloves and hats that I keep compulsively buying every time I leave the house and then squirreling away.
No comments:
Post a Comment