
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Not Me! Monday ... on Tuesday
So I happened upon a really cool blog recently where the author devotes Mondays to all the things she did NOT do. I decided I needed this cathartic journaling exercise. This woman's blog is quite amazing and I aspire to be as "in the moment" as she seems to be. Also, she's got four kids under five, so I've got to stop complaining about how difficult my measly three are. So, welcome to my 1st contribution to Not Me! Monday! (on Tuesday.)

(This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week. ) I did NOT turn the monitor off while my tantruming two year old screamed in his room that he was not taking a nap today. I did NOT tell my four year old that Mommy was busy doing "work" (ahem, blogging) on the computer and he'd have to wait to play his learning game. I did NOT kick my husband till he awoke so he would go comfort a screaming two year old at 2am so I could pull the covers over my head. I did NOT let the kids have breakfast cereal for dinner because I was too tired to fix anything else. I did NOT watch the mall walkers circle me at the local shopping center thinking what a great idea that was, but instead continued to lounge on a couch and sip my latte and think my idea was better. Nope NOT me. I did NOT park the kids in front of a movie just so I could play with my sewing projects. and I did NOT forget about the dog playing outside in 2degree weather. I did NOT drop a tray of sandwiches on the slushy snow and then baby wipe out the cover so no one would ever know. Then, I did NOT tell my husband to be careful with the tray cause the cover likes to pop off. Nope. I would NEVER do that. I did NOT skip out on church on Sunday simply because I didn't have the emotional fortitude to dress four people, then cajole threaten and plead with them to be moderately quiet while others around us try to be near God. That would just be lazy. Wow. I think I had a busy week NOT doing a lot of stuff.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yay for joining in the not me's! not sure if I ever told you- I'm a class rep this year and I measure how well I am doing on the Stidolph scale- I never come close, you were the best rep ever- seeing your not me's makes me remember/comforts me that maybe I may make it on the stidolph scale someday!
Oh, I love the kids rooms- that grandpa is very talented- if only you still lived in Oregon maybe you'd hire him out!
Post a Comment