My sweet little Maclin has once again morphed into yet another creature ... a 3 year old. We are all about independence and doing everything that his big brothers do, except of course using the potty. Any time I ask if he would like to go sit on the potty, he looks up at me and says "No Mommy. I wear diapers." Oh well. One of these days. Anyways ...
One thing that I have the older boys doing more of is fixing their own lunches. Right now they are enamored with having all this power and don't even realize what I've conned them into doing. They willingly make sandwiches and then wash all the dishes, and clean up the kitchen. And then ask if they can do it again tomorrow. Want to make dinner? If only I would let them use the stove.
Of course this means that Maclin now wants to make his own lunch. He has a fabulous time doing it. He talks his way through it.
First the bread.

Open the jam. Today we will be using Mommy's homemade raspberry.

Spoon out the jam.

Spread it

Do the same with the peanut butter.

Look out! The peanut butter is sticky.
"Wipe this off Mommy?"

Don't forget to put the tops back on.
(He is so meticulous.)

Then put the sandwich together ...

and enjoy lunch.

Don't you love his fake smile?
No comments:
Post a Comment