Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Another School Year Begins …

Let’s start with my brand new kindergartener, shall we? 

Adjusting to Griffin turning seven this past Saturday was hard enough, to then get up yesterday and send Harrison off to kindergarten was almost too much to handle.  DSC_0001

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Here’s my big guy enjoying his healthy breakfast, fruit smoothies and peanut butter toast.  He obviously was excited (and serious) about school because not one time did he try and make a silly face at me, which if you know Harrison, that is a rarity. 

DSC_0006

Putting on his brand new school shoes, all by himself.  And, I only had to ask him once.  He REALLY was excited. 

DSC_0007

Best buddies. 

DSC_0010

All buckled up for the car ride to the end of the street to catch the bus. 

DSC_0013

There’s his bus!  And yes it is at this point in our story where I get back in the van and drive over to the school to make sure he actually made it and he remembers where he’s supposed to go. 

DSC_0014

I’m not too excited about this shot of the “pensive mommy” as Garth called me, waiting for the bus to pull up.  Actually all I really notice is that I’ve got to quit wearing my hair down.  I didn’t realize I’d let the color get so bad. 

DSC_0018

The bus arrives, and Harrison was still on it. 

For safety, and to help the kindergartener’s get acclimated to their new routine, for the first couple weeks the teachers meet each kindergartener at their bus and then wait outside as a class until everyone arrives and then all go in to the classroom together. 

DSC_0025

Here, Harrison is greeting an old friend from preschool who is in his kindergarten class. 

DSC_0029

Here’s my big guy standing by his locker. 

DSC_0030

His class all gather on the carpet to begin their day. 

Of course, it is at this point I realize I am the last mommy standing out in the hallway watching.  I guess I could have been more pathetic and joined circle time.  At least I didn’t cry, which is a victory in my book. 

DSC_0032

Here he is running to greet his dad and Maclin after getting off the bus at the end of the day. 

DSC_0034

My tuckered out kindergartener.  Ahem, if you notice he is still wearing his school clothes.  He fell asleep before bath. 

And whoever said “oh you’d be surprised how fast the day flies by.  He’ll be home before you know it” is a big fat liar.  That was an excruciatingly long day and my imagination go the better of my wondering all sorts of wild scenarios of trouble my distractible social butterfly could get himself into. 

 

Next up? … Second Grade. 

No comments: