Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Maclin Goes to Preschool

Yesterday, Maclin started preschool.  We are sending him to Ada Village Preschool, where Harrison went last year. 

Regardless of whether I was ready for him to go, Maclin definitely was. 

 DSC_0035

There was a tad of confusion at first as I reminded him that AVP is now his school, not Harrison's.  He was adamant that he would not, could not go, but relented when he remembered they have a bucket full of Mr. Potato Head there waiting for him. 

DSC_0037

Putting on his shoes …

DSC_0038

… and strapped in his booster.  He’s ready to roll. 

DSC_0041

We’ve arrived and eager to jump out of the van.

DSC_0043

Maclin decided he had to use his “church” backpack for school, instead of the nice AVP tote I have.  I was informed that tote belongs to Harrison. 

DSC_0045

Look at my big boy.  He really was so happy to be there. 

DSC_0046

Strolling down the hall to his classroom. 

DSC_0047

Since he did this nearly everyday with Harrison last year, he knew exactly where to put his bag. 

DSC_0048

Maclin is only one of four boys in his class. 

DSC_0049

He got right down to business and never gave me a second thought. 

Afterward, he gave me a detailed description of his day!!! 

He sang Itsy Bitsy Spider and Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star, read a book, painted a picture, ate teddy bear crackers and apple juice and played on the playground. 

(from Griffin I get “good” or “ok”  and from Harrison I get “I don’t remember.”) 

Two weeks ago I was praying this week would arrive faster we were so sick of being together.  How ironic that I find myself lonely and bored.  I suppose I could catch up on some housework or maybe get a life of my own. 

1 comment:

Grandmother said...

YEA! Mommy and Grandmother can now go to JoAnn's all by ourselves for 2 whole hours!!!