You didn’t think I was finished already, did you?
Meet my other soccer star, Harrison #7 of the “Purple Sharks.”
I love this picture. His expression sums up his experience with soccer so far. This particular morning he was feeling quite proud, since his daddy, mommy, grandaddy AND grandmother all were on the sidelines that Saturday. (Two kids playing different teams means we’ve had many Saturdays with two games scheduled at the same time at different parks. I’ve missed several of his games this season. And I have such a crush on his coach too, so it’s doubly disappointing to miss a game.)
So far Harrison has taken to soccer like duck to water. He is fearless and tenacious on the field (ahem, when he chooses to pay attention.)
His teammates are a great group of little guys. There is something so different about kindergarteners playing soccer and 2nd graders. The older boys take the game so seriously, and there’s even a ref. But the little guys still have such an innocence about them. The occasional lovey comes to the game, and when they fall down they cry for mommy’s kisses on their boo boo, and then they get very serious about chasing that ball and proudly putting it in the goal, as we adults all giggle knowing they have no idea that they are going the wrong way and put the ball in their opponents goal. I guess it’s these moments of raw, blissful childhood that is so warming and infectious. I want to freeze this moment in time. The pureness of being utterly delighted by being outside, with a ball and some friends playing.
The coach is really amazing. Did I mention I have a huge crush on the guy? He is so good with them, and he doesn’t even realize how wonderful he is.
There he is. Isn’t he adorable?
Boy, if I weren’t married already …
No comments:
Post a Comment