Today is the day. Harrison is now six years old. Words fail me in expressing what it is to be his mother. So I borrow some from a few books I love to read with just you. Thank you for changing my world my sweet cream filling middle, child.
“One day I counted your fingers and kissed each one.”“One day we crossed the street, and you held my hand tight.”
“Then, you were my baby, and now you are my child.”
“Sometimes, when you sleep I watch you dream,and I dream too …”
–taken from Someday by alison mghee and peter h. reynolds “Little boy, so much depends on … a ball in the goal …
a band-aid for an ouch … the way you don’t worry, the way you won’t hurry, and … your cardboard box.” “Little boy, you remind me how so much depends on days made of now.”
-taken from Little Boy, by alison mcghee and peter h. reynolds
“endearment means, come here, my sugar, my cookie, my sweet little morsel.”
“admire means, I really look up to you and the way you are with your cookies. You remind me of what is good and possible in this world.”
“adore means, I think you’re simply delicious. Oh, I could just gobble you up.”
“unconditionally means that even when you mess up the cookies, my love for you doesn’t change one single bit.”
“true love means, I like a lot of cookies, but this cookie here, this cookie is extra-special …My love for it is pure and rich and endless.”
“cherish means, that there is nowhere in the universe I’d rather be than her in our kitchen, baking sugar cookies with you.”
“how much I love you mean that even if I made cookies from morning to night every single day forever and ever and ever, it still wouldn’t even come close.”
-taken from Sugar Cookies, by Amy Krouse Rosenthal
Happy Birthday Harrison. May the Birthday force be with you.
No comments:
Post a Comment