Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snowmagedon 2011

   The national morning shows were pre-empted, garbage services are canceled today and the mall is closed today.  My local newscaster is calling this story a historical storm.  I’m not sure what the total snowfall is at this point, but there sure is a lot of it and it is still falling.  This is what it looked like when I opened the garage.  DSC_0351

Poor pooch.  Millie is trying hard to get through the yard.  In some areas it is as tall as she is. 

DSC_0355

Once the city trucks come through and plow us out, I’m not sure the mailbox will be visible. 

DSC_0352

If you are familiar with the front of my house, you’ll remember there used to be steps up to the front porch.  They’re buried now. 

DSC_0353 

School was canceled for the day.  Garth is stuck in Dallas TX unable to get in to Grand Rapids today.  The boys and I are cuddled up in our pajamas.  I’m thinking this calls for popcorn, hot cocoa and some movies. 

No comments: