I'm encouraged that his creativity and personality seem to be blossoming from our quiet one on one time while Griffin is at school and Maclin is napping. Mostly I let him take the lead and direct how we will spend our time, but sometimes I'm able to con him into doing house work or yard work with me. Unfortunately, he is not enamoured by menial tasks the same way Griffin is. Here, Harrison is taking a break from helping me weed in the front yard. 

... And a short while later, he decided he didn't need to help me with weeding anymore. "You can do it Mommy. I'll just wait for you here." Oh well. At least he likes to help do laundry.

What amazes me sometimes (he scares the bonkers out of me the rest of the time) about Harrison is his ability to be fearless. Our neighbor across the street, their college age son has a snake, a boa of some kind. When he found out Chris had a snake he asked to see it, and here he is holding it. (I was particularly proud of myself for not screaming like a hysterical little girl and instead documenting the experience.)

Instead of formal preschool this fall, I signed Harrison up for various morning activities. Mondays we go to swimming class. Here are pictures from Harrison's 2nd lesson.

He told me that he was making his belly button float here.

Wednesday mornings we go to Gymnastics. Here he is "stretching" at circle time ...

... and here we are waiting for instructions for the next circuit. Doesn't he look thrilled?

1 comment:
It's probably best that we don't see you often, since I would probably encourage Robot Harrison unduly with conversations about robotic sleeping and toilet habits, among other things.
Best,
Rob
Post a Comment