
This was a big day, no no, a momentous day in our household. Today, Griffin had his first day of kindergarten. I have been in complete denial this day was coming. Right down to standing at the kitchen counter with his brand new lunch box open in front of me wondering, what am I supposed to put in this thing anyways? In order to mask my insecurities and utter fear of the whole situation, I decided to document every moment in photographs. Now I will share it with you.
Here is my slumbering kindergartener. Doesn't he look peaceful?

There was no way I was going to wake him. Instead I sent in the dog to do my dirty work.
Millie says "Oh Griffin. It's time to wake up!"

"Now that your up, can I lay down now?"

Here he is all dressed and hair combed and everything and brushing his teeth.
Look at that independence. 

And here is he is eating his first breakfast as a kindergartener.

He's heading to the car with his brand new shark backpack. 

He decided to take his toast to go.

All buckled in. We're ready to head out. 

I made him pose in front of the school.

Walking up the sidewalk into school.

Now he's headed up the stairs ...

... and into the gym for morning meeting.

Getting his name tag from one of his teachers, Ms. Pickard.

Here, Harrison is lending moral support while we wait for morning meeting to start.

Griffin and his buddy Cashess participating in morning meeting.
(Cashess is our friend that showed us around school when Griffin and I visited last May.)
It is very evident that it is time for me to leave now, so there is a gap in my documentation.
Here he is in the car, after completing his first day.
Harrison, Maclin and I spent our morning at the library and then at Starbucks for a comiserating and equally refreshing chocolate milk. After lunch, Harrison and I put Maclin down for nap. I'm not sure Harrison knew what to make of having Mommy's undivided attention at that point. "It's just you and me kid. What should we do now?" I said. Harrison responded with his signature, "huh?" Poor thing, he kept looking for Griffin, and I kept explaining that Griffin was at school and we would see him later. I think with a little time Harrison and I will get used to our new arrangement.
I'll write more later on Griffin's impressions of his first day and all the things he learned. Mainly it's all about bathroom procedures.




No comments:
Post a Comment