Monday, March 9, 2009

Not ME Monday!

I have received an influx of complements recently on what a great parent I am.  And from the outside looking in I am thankful I exude such confidence.  Unfortunately, on the inside I don’t often believe in my efforts as “good” or “bad” but rather surviving the ride.  So rather than accepting all this wonderful validation, I will instead air my dirty laundry for all to see.  

So, welcome to another addition of Not Me Monday!  A big thank you to my Oregon friend Jen Gunterman for introducing me to this cathartic practice.   Here goes nuttin’ …

I did NOT take my two year old out in public wearing his favorite froggie pajamas simply because I did not want to deal with him pitching a tantrum just to change his clothes.  And certainly not multiple days …

I did NOT take my four year old to gymnastics and halfway through realize that he had strawberry juice all over his shirt and crusted peanut butter and jelly on his face.

I did NOT tell my four year old that if he did not put his toys away mommy would have to put them in time out, and then listen at the monitor upstairs and giggle while he sobbed and said goodbye to each of his toys.

I did NOT lose my temper with my kindergartener over my being a mean mommy (twelve times) for making him do his homework.

I did NOT wake up to find my kindergartener rifling through the laundry basket at the foot of my bed trying to find pants to wear because he didn't have any in his drawers. "Are these pants mine mommy?"

I did NOT forget to buy the dog's food and have to pour the crumbs into her breakfast bowl and then supplement with a handful of cheerios.

I did NOT completely forget about daylight savings despite numerous reminders and was late to church. 

I did NOT return to finish my computer “work” after finding my two year old playing with a box of baking soda all over the kitchen,  instead of cleaning it up. 

I did NOT let my four year old call up his Grandparents to “chat” just so he would be preoccupied and leave me alone for a few minutes. 

I did NOT go to church Wednesday night for supper just so I wouldn’t have to cook OR clean up the kitchen.   I really am interested in studying Lenten spiritual practices, honest! 

This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week. 

2 comments:

Jen said...

Thank you for joining me! I love your Not Me's- it makes me feel not quite so crazy or that I'm the only one who does some of those things we DON'T do! I especially like that the dog got cherrios.

Anonymous said...

I still think you are a great SIL! Love ya, Girl!