Monday morning, I decided that the pantry had to be re-organized. No more throwing things in there and then slamming the door shut and hope nothing falls out on you. So, I took everything out and … well I got distracted see …
When I came back, this is what I found. He dumped the entire box of soda! He was very focused on his experience and didn’t notice me at all. Being the wise mother that I am, I pondered, how long do you think he will stay occupied with this?
I suppose I was asking for it by leaving him to his “project.” He went from drawing in it on the counter to skating in it on the floor. Weeee.
I don’t think there was much left on the counter by this point.
If this had been Griffin I would have been freaking out over the mess. But in my tired, third child phase, I am embracing the mess and relishing in how thoughtful my child is to help me out.
The box of soda was old, and I was contemplating throwing it out, so he helped me make the decision on what to do with it.
Also, the kitchen floor really needed a good vacuuming and I had been putting it off by finding other projects to work on, like organizing the pantry. So again, he was helping me to focus and stop procrastinating.
2 comments:
this child needs a hair cut or a headband...you choose. Grandmother
You are one brave momma, Jane. I think I'm still in the "freaking out" 1st child phase. :) You give me courage to keep going!!! :)
Post a Comment