Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Field Trip

I have been derilect this spring in keeping everyone up to date with our goings on. We've had a whirlwind spring, and I cannot believe it is already June! In the coming week I will try and back track a bit and catch everyone up with our crazy buzy spring, but now I want to share what happened today.

Garth and I had the priveledge to chaperone Griffin and his fellow first graders at Thornapple Elementary to the Critter Barn. I had no idea what would be in store for us. What an absolutely amazing and fun day. Griffin got to ...



milk a goat,


plant soy beans,

hold a baby duck,


hold a rabbit,


quick break for a swing,


pet an old rooster, (he's 7 and that's old for a rooster)


brush a horse,



visit with a baby cow named Ben,
and much much more, but that was all I got in the way of pictures of Griffin.
I can hardly wait to go back and take Harrison and Maclin. I am hoping Harrison will love this place. He got mad at me a couple months ago because he did not want to go to preschool any more. He wanted to go to farm school. He wanted to learn to be a farmer. Now I can actually sign him up to learn to that!
For more information on the organization, below is a link to the Critter Barn's website.

They are a non-profit organization dedicated to educating children about animals and farming in a hands on enviornment. I forget that most children don't get this kind of exposure to have first hand experience to learn and understand where their food comes from.













No comments: