Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Harrison says goodbye to preschool

What an amazing school year this has been for Harrison. He has grown in so many ways, and sometimes I can hardly believe that in a few short months he will head off to kindergarten.
Ada Village Preschool has a lovely tradition of saying goodbye to school with a family picnic and outing at our local zoo. All the teachers were there, and all the children in Harrison's class brought their families. We had a relaxing picnic lunch lakeside, and visited with friends.
Harrison is such a love, he makes friends with anybody he meets. He was fond of all his school friends, but for me one child in particular stands out.
Meet Jack M. These two are peas in a pod. They refer to each other by their last names. No first names. All year long, they wove a story about their future together. The latest version that we (the mommies) know is as follows: Jack and Harrison will be best buds. They will attend Michigan State together and be roommates. When they are adults, they will sit out on each other's back deck, drink beer and smoke cigars together. I actually somewhat believe this is what will happen.
It took me several trys to get this nice picture of these two boys.


This is what happens when these two get together.



Harrison was very fond of his teachers, Mrs. Kulas and Mrs. Cochrill.


They are also tons of fun, encouraging Harrison's creativity and silliness ... as you can see.


Maclin will attend AVP next year in the morning 3's class. We are so excited that he will be spending next year with Mrs. Cochrill.
After our goodbyes, we headed into the zoo. Now let me make this clear. So far we had spent our lovely outing in the shade by the lake, the zoo was not. Our fabulous time quickly dwindled because we were sweltering in 92+ degree sun blazing afternoon. Needless to say, we got to visit a lot of empty looking habitats. We found a lion though,

and the kimono dragon was kind enough to pose.
The farther we got into the zoo, the crabbier Harrison and Maclin became. Heck, so were my mom and I. She kept thanking me for inviting her along on this trip to the zoo.
We all voted to give in and admit defeat and headed back to the car and its air conditioning.
I think he passed out before I even got out of the parking lot. It was truly a fabulous and VERY hot afternoon. We are looking forward to visiting our school friends again soon for our June play date. Hopefully the weather will be a tad milder. I can hope can't I?

2 comments:

Chats with Jack said...

oh Jane! This was so sweet!!! I got teary-eyed reading this, because their friendship is so sincere, and your pictures turned out amazing. I would LOVE a copy when you have a chance! abbymanchesky@gmail.com

Eric and Allison Shea said...

Their shirts seem to say it all! Glad he has a buddy to be goofy with!