Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Harrison the Heartbreaker

He’s already got a wife in California.  Yesterday I discovered him holding hands with a blond classmate named Emma when I visited his kindergarten class.  <gasp>  However, I believe his heart belongs to one Miss Heidi, piano teacher extraordinaire and all around great lady. 

This past Monday he drove me nuts asking repeatedly all day “When will Miss Heidi be here?”  “Is it afternoon yet?”  “How many more seconds until Miss Heidi gets here?”  ALL DAY!!!  Then yesterday morning (Tuesday!) went like this,

he asked, “When will it be Monday again?”  Stupidly I asked, “Monday?” 
“Yes.  How many days until Miss Heidi comes back.” 
“Seven days buddy.” 
“Seven!  That’s a long time!”
'”Yes.  That’s a week.  She was just here yesterday.”
”Well, I miss her.”

At this point the conversation ended.  This morning in our office I found the following drawings: 

scan0001

scan0002

I think perhaps he enjoys Miss Heidi’s visits?  At least he’s got great taste in women.  Avery, Emma and Heidi are all fabulous.  As his mother I should be pleased that he is drawn to friendly, outgoing, strong women.  Now all I have to deal with is the anxiety that he could one day love someone more than me.  <sniff sniff>  Nope.  It’s never going to happen.  But I suppose I’m willing to share, in about 35 years, maybe.  I’m still the best mom he’s ever known.  (To Angie and Abby,  you both vie for 2nd and 3rd positions as best moms ever, depending on who he’s seen last.  Yet another set of wonderful, strong, engaging and super friendly gals.) 

Ah my sweet little Harrison, every day is an adventure with you.  Oops.  I almost forgot to share his other big news …

DSC_0345

He’s lost not just one tooth, but …

2011-02-01 20.54.04

two teeth in the last four days. 

No comments: