Wednesday, February 2, 2011

A little catch up …

Delinquent blogger is an understatement.  We have all been so busy running around, that taking pictures or blogging about our adventures has simply slipped my mind. 

Let’s back up to December.  Four days after Christmas, on December 29th my last baby turned FOUR!  I am still in denial. 

My happy cuddly baby boy at about 3 or 4 months old.
DSC_0094
Still my smiley sweetums at one year.
December 2007-002
Between the eyelashes and his beautiful hair, he is simply irresistible at two.
IMG_0369
He’s three here, and still my mama’s boy.  I love every minute of it.
IMG_0434001

  At four.  Still my sweet cuddly guy, but dripping attitude from every pore.  This is the only recent picture I have of him where he is not hamming it up to the camera with funny faces.  DSC_0318

Hooray for birthdays!   DSC_0324

Maclin has been obsessed with Toy Story for almost two years now.  He was so pleased to get “fluffy” Woody from his Auntie Kendra.  I adore that he’s called Fluffy Woody. 

DSC_0339

“Tato Head” is also a favorite toy.  At school, if Mr. Potato is not out that day, he will go get it out of the cabinet.  Not to worry.  He has trained his teachers very well.  When he arrives they usually greet him with “Good morning Maclin.”  and “Mr. Potato Head is waiting for you.” 

DSC_0329 
It’s Mr. Potato Cake!  (I have to say I was quite pleased with myself for coming up with this.)
DSC_0334

“Tato Head” likes to eat cake too, so he was on hand for the candle blowing.   DSC_0336

I have learned so very much from you, Maclin.  You have taught me to be more observant as I watch you play in your complex pretend world of toys and friends.  You have taught me to step back and give you the room you need to explore and discover your world.  You have taught me patience because the Lord knows you do things in your own time and are not to be rushed.  You have taught me that every child is truly an unique individual and you teach me to see the world in new and interesting ways.

I love you and yes I will get Tato Head his own bowl of crackers.  I know.  He’s starving too.   

No comments: