Today, my sweet darling little baby Harrison became ...
I have never seen such utter joy, which is quite infectious.
All day he kept telling me we needed to put on party hats.
Opening presents was interesting. He tore through packages with great speed. Paper flew everywhere, and every gift he opened he would squeal with such delight, then immediately discard the item and move on.
He received a football. "Mom. Take my picture. I'm posing."
This tight squeeze is over a book he had wanted, and now has.
Sharing a tender moment with Maclin over another book gift.
maclin: I want to read it.
harrison: Ok. We can read it.
After presents we had the birthday dinner. It's a tradition for the birthday person to decide what they want to eat. Harrison chose chicken fried nugget shrimps, aka fried shrimp. After we started eating Harrison said "Mother. You have ruined my birthday dinner."
me: what? How did I do that?
harrison: I told you I wanted shrimp. But you put noodles and carrots on my plate. I did not ask for noodles and carrots. Just shrimp. So, you have ruined my dinner.
me: ok. Just eat the shrimp.
harrison: I'm full now. My tummy is going to explode. Let's eat my cake now.
My sweet baby wanted a football cake. So we made him a football cake. It was truly a team effort. My mom baked the cakes. Garth shaped it into a football and I iced it. I think it came out great. We put some of our raspberry jam in between the layers. Yummy.
After we sing Happy Birthday to Harrison, in a very deep and gravely voice he says:
Let's eat!
Where has the time gone?
Today, my sweet darling little baby Harrison ...


1 comment:
too precious!!!
Post a Comment