Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Milestones ...

As a mother, milestones don't stop after a baby's first year. Practically every moment of my children's existence seems worthy of documentation. And this milestone is no different.

Griffin's mouth after he discovered his tooth "felt funny," yesterday.


See that lower front tooth? The one he's pushing with his tongue?
AGH! It's loose.

Shortly after lunch ... today.

There it is folks, in all it's toothy glory.

I don't know what it is. I can handle just about anything these kiddos have to throw at me. Projectile vomit, no problem. Creepy crawly bugs, pretty cool dude. Bleeding gums and dangling teeth? Nope. I'm totally grossed out. I squeal like a little girl. Major heeby jeebies.
I solemnly vow to document this stage of my treasured son's life, but know that I do so at my own peril. Actually I just need to put on my big girl panties and deal, cause this is the beginning of a very long new stage ... with two more mouthfuls following shortly. Hopefully the creepiness and icky oosing bloody mouthedness won't phase me after awhile.
Or maybe I could just explain to Garth's boss that he can no longer travel for work because the boys might lose a tooth while he's gone.





1 comment:

Virginia said...

Jane, You're giving me the heebie-jeebies with that too. Ew... Not looking forward to it...